There's a whole process behind the modeling of a 3D frame. Here are the essential steps:
1. After receiving the physical frames you've sent us, our team checks them carefully and get them ready for shooting.
2. Shooting: Fittingbox’s patented StudioBox shoots the glasses from various angles to catch all the details that make a pair of glasses unique. In doing so, we make sure to have enough material to create a 3D frame that looks as close to reality as possible.
3. 3D modeling: our process covers the renderings of both the frames and lenses. The 3D modeling step is either automatic or requires the intervention of our 3D designers for a premium level of renderings.
4. Quality check: after checking and validating the asset, our team of experts makes the appropriate adjustments.
5. Addition of the 3D frame to Fittingbox’s database and virtual try-on availability: we also send our customers all the photos they need to upload onto their website. And, of course, we send the physical frames back as soon as the process has ended.